Tony Wagner, from Innovation and Entrepreneurship Center of Harvard University.
My resume of his speach in the Seminar on Youth and Social Innovation for Development at the IDB Annual Meeting in Panama:
The new skills for citizenships:
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Collaboration and leading by influence
- Agility and adaptability
- Effective oral and written communication
- Ask the right questions
- Curiosity and imagination for create better products and services
Schools will have to promote:
- Team work (not individual work)
- Solve problems (not academic specialization)
- Experience the process of creating (not only consuming)
- Risk environment (not compliance): Try and fail a lot. Mans who innovates, takes risk and fail often.
The key is the motivation, motivation make the diference. Parents ant teachers have to encourage:
The question: Can we design an educational system that empowers our youth? What government is doing R&D on Education?
An excellent speech. You need to watch it!